PNG TIME

ipblocker

5/09/2011

Enormity

I'm sitting here in TTC1 class, observing and helping as computer needs arise.
TTC1 teaches basic English concepts and basic Bible translation and some other things I'm sure I don't understand.

As I look around I see the age of people. Some look over 60, few look under 30 years old.

Which makes me realize the task of bringing the Word of God to this country is enormous.

If it takes 20 years plus, to do a translation, I'm seeing many of these people here learning skills that will take them another 6 years to master. They will be translating while they learn.... but we're talking many many years before seeing fruits.

I admire teachers, knowing they are investing in the future... a computer guy like me demands instant results, if you told me to fix a computer and I wouldn't know if it worked for 20 years... well.... I might not respond well.

But in the midst of feeling this huge and heavy burden for all the work to be done... and the duration that it'll take...

I hear at the table next to me in Tok Ples, then English then Tok Pisin 'What's Grace... ' and they are opening books and talking and working out the concept of grace and pantomiming what they compare it to in their culture....

and I think again, yeah lots of work to do, but it's God's work, and He has a good plan.