PNG TIME

ipblocker

3/15/2011

Indians

So my son comes home last night, typical boy, and says 'oh yeah, tomorrow I'm supposed to wear a costume to school and you're supposed to bring dinner'.

WHAT?

My wife is already under a lot of pressure right now, this was a bit too much so she said 'your teacher should have given us more warning'. And so my son's reply was 'well she told me weeks ago, I just forgot'.

So we replied,
there will be no food, and any costume you wear you have to dig up on your own, we do not have time for last minute stuff like this.

While alone my son came to me, wearing his made up custume of shredded rags and said 'dad I'm supposed to be a native south american, and I need something for my head that makes me look like an indian'.

So I replied 'well if only you had a Cleveland Indians cap.' as a joke.

His face lit up, and he said 'I DO!!!' and he ran off

Apparently a year ago my daughter found a baseball cap at a yard sale here, and picked it up for him. He wore it rarely in the sun, because he wasn't an Indians fan.

But he came back wearing it and was happy. Thank goodness because I'm sure many of you know how unhappy a child who doesn't have a costume for school can be.

That silly little cap averted a possible family crisis! (-;