PNG TIME

ipblocker

4/05/2010

Quips


We attended a sunrise Easter service this Sunday. At the end of praying for the community and the world, we put flowers on the cross after the sun rises. Turning a symbol of death into a symbol of life, like Christ did.

During one of the songs we sang "Lord of heaven and earth"... and our son quipped in under his breath "and mars....."

-----------
Today during work, a friend of ours (and partner) visiting from the U.S. needed to go off with a national co-worker to do some work.

Hisile, said to Bob "yu laik drivim ka bilong yu o bilong mi"
Bob replied "huh?"
it took me a second to realize Hisile was speaking Tok Pisin so I translated, Bob said 'let's take your car' as they headed off I said in tok pisin to Hisile

"Hisile, Bob only knows a little tok pisin, so speak to him in english"

he replied

"okay Bob, I shall talk to you in broken English...hahahahaha."

I thought that was pretty funny.... I felt bad for putting the two of them together and having them drive off without a translator, but I'm sure they'll work it out.