PNG TIME

ipblocker

1/08/2009

What's up

Hello, being the holidays I assumed folks might not feel like reading very log blog entries so I've taken a break.

For Christmas, the entire center here was closed on break.
Since then, we've been rather busy. So the break was well enjoyed.
Kendal is back preparing the preschool for another school term,
I've been managing many technical projects:
-moving programming into a new building (construction supervisor.. me?)
-project lead for conference (big 2 week board meeting)
-project lead for upgrading satellite/internet connection (hopefully reducing our cost)
-normal networking needs
-several new pieces of equipment reviews

It's been a nice kind of busy, making important decisions, doing big work. Some of these projects will be around here a long time, which is odd for technology.

Most of what I work on seems urgent. And yet, in technology fields you recognize that the fruit of your labor won't live long. It has a very short life span. Working in computers is not like working in wood or stone, what I build won't be here for very long.

This is why, I am so thankful that what I work on has an impact that outlasts the technology, working for God's glory and kingdom to be expanded.

From time to time as I'm thinking about my job prior to coming here, I realize that being involved in giving was a way to make my labor extend into that same realm. We are so thankful for you all who labor to support us here, and in that way your work also is going towards God's kingdom as we labor together.

It's a pretty neat system God set up!