PNG TIME

ipblocker

5/30/2008

Bits of Saturday

Bits

Redefining Fresh:

most of the food we get here at the store says "best if used by" a date that ocurred months ago. Typically, if it's only a few months old, it's called "FRESH"


Mildew:

today I spent an hour cleaning out my closet and removing the three pair of leather shoes I brought. They were covered with a thick layer of mildew. Even though it doesn't seem that humid here, it is still the tropics.


Calvin laugh, he's so literal:

I woke up this morning and walked into the kitchen and ask my wife how she felt as the previous evening she had a headache:

Kendal:"my head no longer hurts."
Chad: "how about the rest of you (jokingly)"
Kendal: "fine"
Calvin: "Well my head is fine, but my foot hurts a little."
Chad: "Sorry to hear it buddy, but I wasn't asking you."
Calvin: "uh huh you did."
Chad: "No I was talking to mommy."
Calvin: "yes, you were and then you said "how about the rest of us"

He got me there.



Sydney laugh:

Calvin went down the road to play, riding his bike. HE was to call and let us know when he was coming home so that one of us could meet him on the road. IT's the first time he's rode the bike since his stitches.

phone rings:
kendal: "I'm going to go down the road to meet CAlvin.. unless Sydney wants to go."
Syd: "go where?"
Kendal: "to meet Calvin"
Syd: "I already met him."

that got me, I laughed pretty hard after that.


Today was half filled with chores, small things, practicing worship for church tomorrow, putting together a bookshelf for Calvin, cleaning closet etc.

Then I took Syd down to the river for an hour, jsut to have some Daddy Daughter time. We made a makeshift sand castle, played in the water, etc.

Throughout the day I'm checking in at work to make sure things are good, and thus far they are. I am enjoying the hassle free weekend, last weekend was pretty busy.