PNG TIME

ipblocker

7/15/2010

Nice little gadget



4 years ago I bought a gadget. For work, I spent $99 and bought the Airport Express for the sole purpose of having wifi wherever I went. I think in the end, work reimbursed me for the purchase as well.

The unit was small and it worked well, so I took it to PNG with me.
There I didn't need wifi, but I found that if I made it a wifi client I could plug a stereo into it and share my itunes out. So I did.

Then I came back to America and took it with me.
Again I had no need for wifi, but also no need for itunes to a stereo, but I did have a need to make a printer networkable... or storage central.

So I plugged a usb printer into it, and with almost zero configuration, it was working again.

WOW.
this little device I bought 4 years ago, has now graduation to being something I take alongside my laptop if I'm to be anywhere for longer than a month.

It's very handy, and I had no idea what I was buying when I bought it, I simply wanted a cheap and highly portable wifi spot.

It has served me well over the years. And I thought it worth mentioning because good products are hard to come by.