PNG TIME

ipblocker

1/20/2009

IT in missions

http://www.checkitout.org/

This site is dedicated to helping I.T. professionals find out how their talents can be used in missions, or simply connecting them with other like-minded folks already in the mission field.

They hold multiple conferences throughout the year to accomplish this connection. And while it is still a conference, and who can really get excited about too many of these?....

the thing I enjoy about it is that they have IT professionals talking from experience and education about missions, TO I.T. professionals.

I remember going to conferences when searching out missions and asking "how can you use a unix admin with a network background?" and I'd get glazed stares.

It is nice to hear "oh, well, there are several places we have deployed servers and several people I could put you in contact with."

For that purpose, it's a decent conference, and I'll tote it.