PNG TIME

ipblocker

8/10/2013

My apologies to everyone on our emailing list, because email is not yet functional.  From the hospital our SIL secure ports are not allowed.

I am currently in the hospital.  I'm in Cairns, Australia and writing this from the hospital.

I have been admitted for gall bladder removal.

Let me tell you what the last week has been like.

Monday morning, Kendal and I opened the doors to the house we're to move into (for those who have kept up on the Asection needing to move saga)... to the joinery department who began remodeling the kitchen.  I'll blog post on that in a few minutes.

Then we planned to next monday open the house to a painter. (for those following the 'getting paint') saga.

On WEDS E.C. meetings began.  This is why I haven't been blogging much, it's highly confidential and has been the major focus of my work hour time for the last 5 weeks.  I'm the secretary and so I keep track of the documents, and such.  Been far too busy to blog.

Kendal has begun MAP testing in her new job.

I'll not bore you with the details, other than to say, August was one of those 'Dear Lord, I don't know how we're going to survive the amount of work we have to do this month, PLUS move houses... please don't let us get sick.'

I got sick.

5 days ago, I thought I had indigestion.  Horrible pains shooting through my belly.  I toughed it out that night but in the morning, at my wife's suggestion, I called the clinic.  They first checked for bowel obstruction, or ulcer.  Gave me some meds... didn't help.  I was back the next day.   An ultrasound showed them a really cranky gall bladder.

5 days now, pain, no eating, etc... and they medivac'd me to Cairns, Private hospital in Australia.

We had to run around to stop all our super busy plans (okay Kendal did, I was on a clinic gurney), but by day 4 the pain had stopped, mostly because I wasn't eating.

Our kids are in one of the children's homes, so they have a dozen other brothers and sisters keeping them company, my son is playing foosball, my daughter is socializing with older kids.  They're both sad that I'm gone, but it'll be a good experience for them, I'm hoping.

Meanwhile, I'm seeing this whole thing as a ton of first experiences.  First medivac for me, first ambulance ride, first I.V. first wheelchairing around, first surgery.  I think the lack of fear or pain has freed me up to be more inquisitive.  Doctors have all the coolest toys.

After 4 days of being in pain, being in a hospital in a 1st world country is extremely reassuring.  But I can tell you this, the people in Ukarumpa are awesome.  It took about 3 dozen people to get me here.  People had to register for visas, fill out paperwork, make proper diagnosis, etc.  And the doctors there pray over you.

I've felt so incredibly cared for this entire experience thus far, that I can't help but have a good attitude. 

All our other plans, came to a screeching halt.... and our biggest concern now, isn't money (because God has always proven faithful through our support team) but it's that the surgery goes well and we can get back to the kids in a timely fashion.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!