PNG TIME

ipblocker

7/06/2011

Lost

so the other day I told my kids that when I was a kid, living in the mountains, I would go on long hikes or bike rides and seek adventure. I would try to get lost and find my way home again.

My son asked me 'how do you get yourself lost?'

I said, 'well you could take a bottle and spin it everytime you come to a fork, and go whichever way it points, until you feel like you've gotten very lost.'

So today he borrowed a plastic soda bottle and said 'I'm heading out for a long while, I'm going to try and get lost.'

after lunch I arrived back at work and heard 'hey dad!!!' and my son was about 50 yards away, up in an odd place on top of a hill.
I was proud...
for ten seconds... when he yelled so everyone around could hear him.


'I'm doing what you said to do!!! I'm gettin' LOST!'

this happened five minutes ago.