PNG TIME

ipblocker

2/24/2009

You never know

"Chad do you think you'd get bored being a missionary?"

I was asked that more than once before starting this.
I marvel at how "un-boring" life is at times.

Today I had lunch with a Diplomat.
He was the US Embassy Diplomat for Security Affairs or something like that.
We talked about the trends in this country, about Muslim influence, about all manner of things security based and I found him articulate and intelligent.

And as I was walking back to work I thought "wow, I had lunch with a Diplomat."

The other day I was playing banjo down by the river, giving our puppy a bath and I thought:
"How many people in the world can say they have played banjo, near a river, in a jungle inside the South Pacific?"

I really don't know how long this ride God has us on will last, but there are these moments that are so rare that you think "I am living a life more abundantly."

I reflexively praise God in those moments.