PNG TIME

ipblocker

8/13/2007

Update Day 7

well we've been here a full week now
the first hike was very doable.

I'm surprised at myself at how much volleyball and soccer I have played during the social activity times. One PNG man can jump as high as I can reach when I jump even though he's almost two feet shorter than me.

Tok Pisin is coming along quite well,
and Calvin has had 2 good days in a row.

That night we were struggling with his behavior, we prayed together as a couple and sought God's wisdom and tried the discipline of listening.

So we listened, and sure enough I had the thought "just pray" so we prayed for Calvin and that the enemy would leave him alone and that he would be joyful and carefree.

The next morning it was like he was a different kid.

Please continue to pray for our family and for the people here in training.

Our primary goals for POC ARE:
-to learn tok pisin
-to fall in love with the PNG people

we already love the country, we love the place we live, but we need to have a deep understanding of their culture so that we can truly love them in a way that Christ would. We need to gain an appreciation of their way of living.

We're hopeful that some time in their village will afford us that knowledge.